- To promote economic & developmental activities for the benefit of Backward Classes.
- To assist, subject to such income and/or economic criteria as may be prescribed by government from time to time, individuals or groups of individuals belonging to Backward Classes by way of loans and advances for economically and financially viable schemes and projects.
- To promote self employment and other ventures for the benefit of Backward Classes.
- To grant concessional finance in selected cases for persons belonging to Backward Classes living below double the poverty line.
- To extend loans to the Backward Classes for pursuing general/professional/technical education or training at graduate and higher level.
- To assist in the upgradation of technical and entrepreneurial skills of Backward Classes for proper and efficient management of production units.