Skip to main content
- To Promote economic & development activities for the benefit of Backward Classes.
- To assist, subject to such income and/or economic criteria as may be prescribed by government from time to time, individuals or groups of individuals belonging to Backward Classes by way of loans and advances for economically and financially viable schemes and projects.
- To provide for gainful employment and skill development to the target group.
- To grant concessional finance in selected cases for poor persons belonging to Backward Classes as per an annual income criteria defined from time to time (presently Rs. 3.00 lakh).
- To extend loans to the Backward Classes for pursuing general/professional/vocational/technical education or training at graduate and higher level.
- To assist in the upgradation of technical and entrepreneurial skills of Backward Classes for proper and efficient management of production units.